Washington County, Oregon
Marriage Records Book 4,     1896 - 1902

Click to enlarge the book cover

Marriages Book 4, 1896-1902

ISBN 0-9701266-7-0,
Author:    Ginger L. Christmas-Beattie
First edition, Paper Back 8.5 x 11, 208 pages, fully indexed
map of Washington County OR

Item 0970126670

Highlights        Book Index        Order Form

Introduction:

       Beginning in July 5, 1843, the Tuality District was one of the destinations at the end of the Oregon Trail.
The sparse Indian population included the Atfaliti people, who lent their name to the district and to the meandering river now called the Tualatin River. It was settled early by missionaries, former mountain men, as well as farmers, who found the mild climate and rich soil productive.

   In 1849, the Territorial Legislature changed the name of Tuality County to Washington in honor of President George Washington.   Washington County obtained its present boundaries of about 716 square miles in 1854.   Columbia was selected as the county seat in 1850. Later, the town was given the name of Hillsborough, which in 1858 was modified to Hillsboro. After meeting in two local church buildings, a permanent county headquarters was built in 1852. A brick courthouse was built in 1873.

Price:     $ 12.95     (Plus S & H)         Item No: 0970126670

This publication may be ordered through:

 

MAIL IN ORDERS    (No COD's)

OR

PayPal

 
 

GSWCO
Po Box 2123
Hillsboro, OR 97123-2123

Print order form
for mail in orders
Order Form

 

This page last updated:  15 Aug 2016         

HOME       ABOUT US       UPCOMING EVENTS       MEMBERSHIP       RESEARCH REQUEST       PIONEER & EARLY SETTLERS       DATABASE       PUBLICATIONS       LINKS       CONTACT       SEARCH       MEMBERS ONLY